Fourth Post

I choose a video on the Youtube. The video is about the alibaba future hotel. There are many AI machines in the hotel. I suppose it is a good video for showing some AI examples to students. The video link is https://youtu.be/bdRDuP0ztOg

1.What kind of interaction would the video require from your students? Does it force them to respond in some way (inherent)?

In this video, there is a hotel customer experiencing this hotel. He shows some interesting AI machines in the hotel and tell us their functions about these machines. When I use this video, I can stop the video before he tells us the functions, and ask students what they think the functions about these machines to make an interaction with students. Actually the video does not force students to respond, but I can use the way I said to let students respond me. 

2. In what way are they likely to respond to the video on their own, e.g. make notes, do an activity, think about the topic (learner-generated)?

Students can respond the video by hands up and tell me their ideas. If it is online courses, students can write their ideas in the forum. In addition, except the original functions about these machines, students can have their own opinion about the machine. For example, students can say what functions can make this AI machine more humane or improve the performance about the machine. Students can write their ideas in the forum.

3. What activity could you suggest that they do, after they have watched the video (designed)? What type of knowledge or skill would that activity help develop? What medium or technology would students use to do the activity?

For this question, I have mentioned before. I suppose these activities 

can help students to understand more about AI and improve their creativity.

4. How much work for you would that activity cause? Would the work be both manageable and worthwhile? Could the activity be scaled for larger numbers of students?

I think I will not have much more work to do about these activities. I just need to ask questions and give students some suggestions about my questions. The questions do not have a standard answer. These activities is suitable for a larger numbers of students because students can see others idea to get more various ideas. 

5. How could the video have been designed to generate more or better activity from viewers or students?

I suppose the original video’s rhythm is fast. If I make the video, I will give time for audiences to think by themselves. I will not tell the functions about those machines and make the audiences to be curious about them to generate more or better activity from viewers or students.